Monday, May 14, 2012

Guild Wars 2 first impressions a post I liked.

Here.

The money quote.

Friends are part of the system requirements.

If you want to have the best experience, you need to be playing with someone, preferably a friend or two. Yes, people join ad-hoc into miniature groups formed around the dynamic events, which I found to be one of the best parts of the game. But often I found myself by myself, wandering around without a care in the world. It was still very fun, but some things are very tough if you don’t know what you’re doing, and it does get lonely. This becomes startling clear in WvW to the point where I feel I need to issue a warning: If you’re planning to take WvW seriously, you will need a clan. You alone will not survive unless you are surrounded by others, and the only way servers will win these battles is through massive clan co-operation and tactics that normal groups of players just don’t have. Small groups of your friends will probably be able to tackle the small fry as an ambush group, but don’t expect to remain standing when you walk down a hill and find yourself face to face with fifty people marching towards the point you just came from.

A differing opion here.

No comments:

Post a Comment